How did you come to be involved with Astonish?
Who were the biggest inspirations for your career?
Frida said “I am my own muse, I am the subject I know the best. The subject I want to know better,” I am inspired by my own process and personal life.
Outside of that, my biggest inspiration comes from everyone I’ve ever met who ever believed in me and supported me. Gratitude goes a long way for me, and I overextend myself for people who’ve been patient with me.
Creatively, most of the work I dig are by anonymous people.
- Daniel Sannwald
- Mert & Marcus
- Paul Jung
- David M. Cortez
- Ted Emmons
Who are your favorite artists:
- RAFA F.
- Yoko Honda
- Venus Mansion by Lee Seoul
- Dom Sebastian
What are some of your favorite pieces?
- Its ok to be sensitive, but don’t take yourself seriously to the point you become a tragic caricature.
- I’d encourage anyone wanting to pursue a creative career of any sort to seek three types of people: people who are your equal, people you can learn from, and a person you can teach your knowledge to.
- Keep creating, artists don’t only create when they’re inspired, inspiration comes from the process, it’s all about showing up and doing the work.
- A career in a creative field shouldn’t be romanticized, romanticizing can be detrimental to growth because the lines between reality and romance are blurred.
- Problems are not solved on their own. Design can be like a math problem, you have to keep pining at it until you figure out the equation. The answer will come to you.